!All the attendees will get a CPD (Continuing Professional Development) certificate.
Dates, times and themes for each day:
- Day 1 – Tuesday 25 May 2021, 14:00-17:30 CEST – Introduction to the bioeconomy and overview of the bioeconomy educational resources developed by BE-Rural.
- Day 2 -Tuesday 1 June 2021, 14:00-17:30 CEST – Bioeconomy of different sectors (e.g. fisheries, agriculture) and how best to integrate bioeconomy teaching in schools in Bulgaria, Latvia, North Macedonia, Poland and Romania.
- Day 3 -Tuesday 8 June 2021, 14:00-17:30 CEST – Developing the industrial biotechnologists of the future: the innovative work of IBioIC with Scottish schools.
Online via Zoom. All registered participants were invited to read the guidelines on how to use Zoom before joining the Summer School. Dial-in details were sent to registered participants a few hours before the Summer School started.
Aim of the summer school: In order to facilitate further learning and wider multiplier effects (i.e. reaching a wider audience than those attending individual events), BE-Rural organises a summer school for teachers interested in developing curricula and educational material on the bioeconomy. The summer school was primarily targeted at teachers from BE-Rural’s OIP regions, but participation was open to teachers from other regions and countries. The summer school included both theoretical and practical elements, with presentations from practitioners.
Click here to open the final programme.
Find more information about the speakers who presented at the BE-Rural Summer School
The summer school was held in English.
Click here to access the official event report.
Presentation slides are available here:
– Day 1
– Day 2
– Day 3 – slides by Rachel Moir
– Day 3 – slides by Debbie McCreath
– Day 3 – slides by Graeme Rough
– Day 3 – slides by Joanna Sadler
– Day 3 – slides by Elsa Joao