A Bio-based Pop-up Store will be held in the Strumica region located in the south-eastern part of North Macedonia as part of the greatly anticipated Strumica Open Festival.
Many innovative bio-based products will be on display, both from the region and from across Europe. The space will highlight not only consumption aspects, but also the great innovational potential of the bioeconomy as well as its links to the larger sustainability debate and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. More concretely, it will address how alternative protein sources, such as insects and algae can contribute to move towards a world with “zero hunger” (SDG 2), how energy generation from municipal waste can contribute to “affordable and clean energy” (SDG 7) or how marine resources can contribute to increasing our “good health and well-being” (SDG 3).
What to expect:
- A number of inspiring bio-based products:
- Dresses, t-shirts, scarfs and shoes made from wood, algae, citrus residues, milk protein, coffee compounds or even roses
- Food made with insects, mealworm powder, crickets and algae
- Paper and packaging made of agricultural waste, mushrooms or grass
- Cosmetic products with ingredients such as roses or snail extract
- An uneventful opening program as well as participatory events with regional actors.
Entry is free of charge.